About Me

My photo
Well, let's see I am a: Proud parent of one daughter, Proud wife of a wonderful man, Proud American, Proud daughter of a Vietnam Vet, Proud daughter of a very caring woman, Proud sister of two wonderful and Christian men, Proud Christian Woman, Proud teacher, Proud good listener, Proud Twilight Mom and PROUD BUCKEYE FAN!!

background

Friday, January 22, 2010

Weigh down

Went to the doctor today for some blood work and a weigh-in. I'm down another 4 lbs from the post I did last week. Here's where I stand:

<---------pre-op weight: 288
current weight: 220
---------->

That's a total loss of 68 lbs since the beginning of October! I'm so pleased with the way everything has gone. Not to say that there haven't been some times where I didn't think "What have I done?", but those moments have not come as often as I thought they might. People ask me all the time if I miss eating candy and things of that nature. Again, it's not that I don't miss it...it's not that I don't WANT some but it's not worth it anymore. Getting sick, having to be in the bathroom for several hours straight, being nauseous...it's just not worth it to me.


They say 90% of anything is a mind set and for now, I'm set on eating what I should, staying away from what I shouldn't, and learning about a new way to live.

EAT TO LIVE, not LIVE TO EAT!!

2 comments:

Jodi Eckhardt said...

I'm working on changing my eating habits too. As of January 1st I've been following The Maker's Diet. It's teaching me to choose whole organic foods over processed ones. I know what you mean about wanting to eat forbidden foods! Like you though, my mind is set on becoming a healthier me!

Marcie said...

That is great Jodi! Keep me posted on how things are going for you and your family. I'm praying for you and I definitely appreciate you being a prayer partner for me! Love you, girl!!