About Me

My photo
Well, let's see I am a: Proud parent of one daughter, Proud wife of a wonderful man, Proud American, Proud daughter of a Vietnam Vet, Proud daughter of a very caring woman, Proud sister of two wonderful and Christian men, Proud Christian Woman, Proud teacher, Proud good listener, Proud Twilight Mom and PROUD BUCKEYE FAN!!

background

Friday, July 15, 2011

I WON! I WON!

Oh my gosh, y'all, I am so excited!

As you know, I've been participating in Deana Barnhart's Gearing Up to Get an Agent blogfest the past couple of weeks. The first week was the post I did title "I Just Gotta Ask". Week two was the super fun Story Chain; the full story can be found here.

Each week, Deana has been able to offer some amazing prizes (as if meeting a bunch of cool authors and new friends wasn't enough, right??). And guess who was the winner for week 2?!?!

That's right baby - ME!!!!

I'm still learning about the details, but basically I've won a double query critique from fellow author Rachael Harrie (her blog is RachWrites). Besides writing YA horror/paranormal, Rachael is the founder of the Writers' Platform-Building Crusade, where she "link(s) aspiring writers, beginner bloggers, industry people, and published authors together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms." Pretty sweet, eh? The 3rd installment is coming up soon; go here for more details.

Okay, time to stop blogging and get to writing that query letter. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Emily R. King said...

Wonderful news! Have fun writing your query!

marcie_ann said...

Thank you, Emily! I will definitely be looking at advice from several of you while I do it. I want it to be the best it can be. :)

Rachael Harrie said...

Congrats on your win Marcie! I can't wait to work with you on your query :)

Hugs,

Rach

marcie_ann said...

Thanks, Rach! The feeling is mutual!

Angela Cothran said...

Congrats! What a useful thing to win :)

Donna Perugini said...

Congratulations! Good thing you got in on the action at Gearin Up! Deana had some excellent prizes...and it was even better meeting more writers in one place. That's how I found you!

Michelle Fayard said...

Marcie, it made my morning when I opened my e-mail, found Deana's post and learned you had won. Congratulations! Your YA is going places, that's for certain. I can't wait for Week 3.

Michelle

marcie_ann said...

I agree, Angie!

Yes, Donna, Gearing Up has been great. It's nice to meet you! :)

Michelle, your support means more than you know. I'm also excited about week 3.