About Me

My photo
Well, let's see I am a: Proud parent of one daughter, Proud wife of a wonderful man, Proud American, Proud daughter of a Vietnam Vet, Proud daughter of a very caring woman, Proud sister of two wonderful and Christian men, Proud Christian Woman, Proud teacher, Proud good listener, Proud Twilight Mom and PROUD BUCKEYE FAN!!

background

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Let's backup

In order to really have this hit home, I need to back up a bit and give you some backstory.

My heaviest weight was 350. It was during the couple of years after finishing college and I just ballooned up. I have no idea why, but it happened. This is what I looked like then:

Not long after that, I realized that I needed to do something about all this weight, so I started working out in our basement. At the time, I weighed 308. Matt helped me set some rewards for every 50 lbs that I lost: a night at a B&B for 258, Disney World for 208, and a cruise for 158. And then Daddy got leukemia and I put some of the weight back on. By the time his funeral rolled around, I was back up to over 280.



A couple of months after the school year started that fall (2001), I went to LA Weight Loss and signed up for thier year-long program. I did a great job on LAWL, losing 100 lbs in 41 weeks. I weighed 181 and I felt wonderful! I was only 25 lbs away from my goal of 158.

I was cute....and I got pregnant. During my pregnancy with Halen, I managed to put 80 lbs back on by eating ice cream every day between school and my homebound student. By the time I gave birth (via a c-section), I weighed 260 again.


Six years later, here I sit FINALLY weighing 158!


I can't believe it's actually happened. Better yet, I'm not finished losing weight so what I thought was my ultimate goal has become another stepping stone. When I am finished, I will weigh between 130 and 140 lbs. My smallest ever!

3 comments:

jfrymanr said...

Marcie-- you look GREAT!!! So pretty and sweet. I will tell you-- knowing you in your younger years and getting to know you all over again now-- you are an extremely sweet and caring individual who deserves to be happy. I can't believe you lost so much so quickly!!!! Brian's (my husband) mom is going to have surgery coming up here soon.
I never realized how many DRs appts. you have to have before getting any type of surgery for weight loss. Good luck on your journey and thanks for being an inspiration to so many...

KKSorrell said...

Congratulations and I am so proud! You look awesome!

Kenni B said...

Congrats Sis!!!! See you tonight!